Hey guys! Through the whirlwind that is my life at the moment, I’m sitting down to get in my daily post! Today is all about our Christmas! That means our tree, ornaments, lights, etc.
Kyle (my boyfriend) and I set it up, put it together, and decorated it. We had a little help at the end from Hannah (my sister), but for the majority we both did it. It was definitely different putting the tree together with my boyfriend and not my sister as usual. It gave me a glimpse into the future of what we might have together, and I loved every minute of it.
This year I got to put up the Christmas village for the first time. This village belonged to my aunt, who was like a second mother to me, and she put it up every Christmas. It is based off of the movie, “It’s A Wonderful Life”. I was so excited when my dad told me that he had it, and it was such a great surprise. Putting it up reminded me of all the many memories I have of putting it up with her when I was little. After setting up all of the houses though, we realized that all we had was the houses. We didn’t have any of the people, or the pond, or anything like that. Now that was kind of a let down, but the principle behind it still stands, and I couldn’t love it more.
This year, I bought new stockings for everyone! We have stockings already, however they are completely mix matched! I like unity folks! Unity! With that being said, I got the boys green stockings, and the girls red ones. Then I took silver glitter glue, and wrote everyone’s names one them! The picture is crappy quality, and come to think about it, so are the stockings… Sigh, that’s what I get for trying to be crafty lol.
1. My parents told me to get Kyle and his mom an ornament for the tree, so Kyle and I went out and got them. This is the one that Kyle picked out for himself, and when I saw it I just smiled and shook my head. He wanted something unique and funny, and the best thing he could find was a blue glitter penguin wearing a top hat. Now folks, I think this is the perfect ornament for him (even if it isn’t as funny or unique as he wanted). He reminds me so much of a penguin (warm, soft, and always giving cuddles).
2. Nala is Kyle and I’s cat. We got her in October from a girl I went to school with. She was found on the street, was only skin and bones when we got her, and she was so skittish around everyone. She wouldn’t even come near us for the first like five days she was here. It took her almost a month to even come out from under my bed. Then it took her another month to come close to us and cuddle with us. Now, she’s laying all over us, she plays with the toys we got her, she lays with us when we sleep, etc. She’s amazing! So I decided to get all of our animals ornaments this year for Christmas, and then I had the bright idea to make them all. So I bought some ornaments, some glitter, and some glitter glue. I came home and went to work. We can all see how great it turned out. Now mind you, the others didn’t look this awful, so I have no clue what happened with this one.
4. This ornament was giving to my family from my Aunt who lives right out side of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia. It comes in it’s own little container with a paper all about authentication.
5. This is a ornament that I was given by my kindergarten teacher. On the back it says, “Merry Christmas”, the year, and my teachers name. It’s a very interesting one, due to it’s design. The face kills me! It’s so funny looking!
6. This is an ornament that I made with my aunt. We cut a piece of green foam paper into the shape of a Christmas tree, and then I decorated it with some stuff and a picture of myself.
7. This is my baby ornament, it’s precious moments angels on two little shoes. Their pink, and have a pink string that’s used to hang them on the tree. On the bottom of one of the feet it says my name, and on the other it says the day I was born. It comes in a little container, with a plastic covering.
8. This is my brother’s baby ornament. His is also a precious moments ornament, and on the back says his name, birth date, and death date. He was a still born, and was born before me. Still born means that he was born dead. The umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and suffocated him. My sister has one, but it isn’t a precious moments ornament. It’s a gold bell with a bear on it, that says her name and the day she was born.
What are some of your favorite ornaments from your Christmas tree? These are just a few of mine!