Hey folks! It has been a very blah sort of year. Now I’m not like everyone else who says that 2016 was god awful, and they can’t wait til they get to 2017 and stuff like that. See in my life that wasn’t the case. 2016 was filled with great things that happened, but it was also filled with some pretty crappy things. Lets start off with the good things;
1. I went gluten free for 4 months, and managed to stay with it.
2. I met Kyle for the first time in real life.
3. I turned 18 and finally became an adult.
4. I graduated high school.
5. I had my graduation party for high school like everyone else does (I say this because as it got closer and closer to the time to have it, it was looking like we weren’t going to be ready).
6. Kyle came and spent two months with us at my house over the summer.
7. We managed to get a visit into seeing my moms family, and go to an amusement park that my mom went to as a kid with Kyle.
8. I rode every roller coaster (all five of them) at the amusement park with Kyle, even though I’m deathly afraid of heights.
9. Kyle and I became an actual couple.
10. Kyle and his mom moved in with us.
11. I started my first semester of college.
12. Kyle and I (yes I know, there’s a lot of firsts for us this year shhhh) spent our first holiday together (4th of July).
13. We spent Thanksgiving together with Kyle and his mom (our 2nd holiday together).
14. Over the summer, Kyle took me to the zoo since I hadn’t been in almost 6 years (I had a mini photo shoot while we were there, so comment below if you’d like to see pictures from it sometime).
15. I made some friends from school in my TLC program (sidenote; they aren’t all pictured in this, this was just a few of us when we had to do a scavenger hunt for one of our classes).
16. Kyle was here for Christmas, so we got to go to midnight Mass and Denny’s on Christmas Eve and then spent Christmas day we each other and my family.
17. I went to Christmas at the Zoo for the first time in my entire life with Kyle. It was cold, and wet (not from snow, but from rain). We also didn’t get a single good picture of the two of us from here because this random lady took our picture, and the two she took turned out blurry as fudge. Then the one we took also turned out blurry because I had to have Kyle take it because I’m so short compared to him.
18. I started to get my health back in check. I went completely gluten free again, and have been since the 12th of this month. Now while it doesn’t seem like a long time, believe me it is. You try cutting gluten out of your diet for almost a month, and then come talk to me. I also have started going to a dietitian, and have had to start checking my blood sugar every morning when I first wake up. I have lost, so far, 14 lbs and it’s still dropping!
19. The Fab 5 got back together for the first time in a long time! I love these girls so much. We’ve been best friends since kindergarten, and will forever have that special bond between us. We went to school together for 13 years, and now that we have all gone our separate ways for college, we still came back together for our yearly tradition! Love my ladies ❤
20. An old friend came back into our lives, and came from Christmas night dinner. I believe I mentioned something about this in one of my posts. But comment below if you want to hear more about it, because it was a very interesting time.
From what I can think of, that’s all the good things that come to the top of my mind. I’m sure that there were plenty more, but I can’t think about anymore of them right now. My mind is in a billion places.
Now for some of the not so good things that happened this year;
- I lost three friends that I thought I would have forever, due to a guy. Now to me, that’s just childish to begin with. It gets even better when they won’t talk to me about it, and avoid the topic. I’m one of those people who have to talk about something that’s bothering them, and for them to jump around me drives me crazy.
2. Alan Rickman died.
3. Debbie Reynolds died. She gave me my love for musicals. Singing in the Rain is one of my all time favorite musicals, and it’s the one that gave me my love for everything musicals.
Is it bad that those are the only things I can think of that went wrong this year? I’m sure there is a ton of other things that went wrong, but in my world that’s all I can think of. I mean, I guess that’s a good thing. But at the same time, like I know there was a ton of other things that happened. But on that note, I’m gonna go!