We hear this phrase every year around this time. “It’s a new year, so I’m going to change myself and be a better me”, comes out of almost everyone’s mouth, but is never really put into action. As some of you might know, I worked at the YMCA for two and a half years. In that two and half years, I saw many people join in January and were gone by the end of February or early March. So to say that I’m going to create a “new me” this year is, in my mind, highly unlikely. The chances of that working are almost slim to none. So my new years resolutions this year, are things that I can more than likely achieve. For example;
- I want to be a better girlfriend to Kyle. Nine times out of ten, I’m a complete witch with a b to him and I know he doesn’t deserve it. He makes me so happy, and I repay him with being rude. He doesn’t deserve me taking things out on him, but I do. When I’m stressed, or scared, or angry, or panicking I take it out on him and that’s not okay. He treats me like a princess, and in return I treat him like a pauper. We’ve only been together for 6 months, but that’s enough time for me to know that this isn’t just another fling. This is something big, and this is something that is going to last for a while. Knowing that feeling makes this whole thing ten times more awful in my opinion. I could potentially be with the guy I’m going to spend the rest of my life with, and I’m being rude, crude, and socially unacceptable to him 99.9% of the time. I don’t want to look back on this time, and tell our kids that their mom was so mean to their dad all of the time. So that’s one thing I’m changing. I’m going to fix us. We’ve lost us and who we are as a couple recently. I want that back, and so I’m going to get it back. Like I said, I have this feeling that this isn’t just another little relationship. I can feel something special with this one, and I’m not going to lose that (he doesn’t read any of these posts so I can say all of this and not have him freak out on me that I’m not a terrible girlfriend and blah blah blah lol).
- I’m going to take care of my health a lot better than I have been. Now notice I didn’t say that I’m changing me, because that’s not the case. I’m not changing myself, I’m simply just revamping myself. I’m giving myself the TLC that I need. I’ve been sick for way to long, and I’m tired of it. I’m tired of not having control over my body, and I’m going to take it back. I used to be the one in the family that wasn’t on any medications, and was the one who was (for the majority) healthy. But not anymore, and I hate that. Granted, I can’t fix celiac or my IBS. But I can sure as heck try, and I’m going to. I’m going to give myself the good ol’ kick in the butt and try my heart out. IBS is easier to “fix” than Celiac is, for the sole purpose of Celiac is a disease. I know I’m never going to fully be healthy now that I have Celiac. I’m always going to have problems, and I’m always going to have my off days due to my IBS. But working towards fixing them is the first step in the right direction. Then the next step is to tackle my blood sugars and why they are always so high. This is another aspect of my diet that I have to change. I can tell there’s going to be a lot of changes in 2017.
- I lost three friends over a boy. I mentioned this in my 2016 year review post. But this has been something that has stuck with me pretty hard this year. It has not only affected my past, but it affects my every day because I’m afraid of making friends and having the same thing happen again. With this being said, I’m leaving them and all of the drama that came with the whole situation in 2016. I wrote two of them letters the other day and mailed them yesterday. To me, that is my closure that I never got because they refuse(d) to talk to me. I’m over all of the drama. I’m over all of the negativity. I’m over all of the bologna that people want to throw at me. I’m over it. With that being said, it’s time for me to take care of me and not worry about others.
- I want to be out of the house by the end of the year. I know that sounds bad, but it will make my mental health a little better. I know that THAT sounds bad, but it’s the truth. I am the only one of my friends that decided to stay at home and go to school. Everyone else went away for school, and or are living in a dorm somewhere. Some of them are even in their own apartments. In fact, there is even one of them in their own house with their boyfriend. So the fact that I am still living in my same house, in my same room, and doing the same things I feel like I’m stuck. I feel like I’m stuck in the same rut, and I’m not going anywhere with my life. With that being said, I want to be out of my house and moving on with my life. I want to feel like I’m getting somewhere with things
- I want to have a better job. Now I don’t mean that in the way that I don’t love what I do. I’m working in a library and it’s great. But I’m doing the same thing every day. I’m doing the same, monotonous, boring work every day, and I can’t do it. Not only on that, I don’t get enough hours. I make 10.15 an hour, but I’m not working more than like 6 hours a week in total. So one resolution is to either get a better paying job, or more hours at the one I have now. Basically what I’m saying is I need more money.
- I want to get more into planning and scrapbooking. I’ve got a post coming up about things that I wish I could get more into. These are two different things. I’m pretty good at planning, but I want to get more into my planner. I also love to scrapbook, I just haven’t done it in forever and I really miss it. It’s time that I get back into the swing of things with it.
So from what I can think of, that seems to be it for this year. They aren’t horrible things to accomplish. But I’m excited to see how things turn out! Keep ya posted!