Hey guys, and a big happy Monday to you! Hope you’re weekend was great and full of fun activities! Today’s post is all about my top 10 all time favorite movies as of right now! So lets get into it!
10. Starting off at number ten, we have “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. This movie is all about a guy name Benjamin Berry is an advertising executive and a ladies man who, to win a big campaign, bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days. Andie Anderson covers the “How to” beat for “Composure” magazine and is assigned to write an article on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 days”. They met at a bar shortly after the bet is made, and one can only guess how this goes! The movie was made in 2003, and came into my life in 2016. Yes, I am a little late to the band wagon with this one! This movie will make you laugh, will make you cry, but most importantly it will make you fall in love with the chemistry Kate and Matthew have on camera!
9. Next we have, “Tangled”. This is one of my favorite Disney movies! It stars Mandy Moore as Rapunzel, Zachery Levi as Flynn Rider, and Donna Murphy as Mother Gothel. This movie is all about Rapunzel’s life in the tower with Mother Gothel, as the only mother she’s ever known. Then when the runaway thief, Flynn Rider, makes his way to the tower, she decides she wants to explore the world outside of her walls. This movie came out in 2010, and I saw it shortly afterwards!
8. At number eight comes Hercules! Disney movies are some of my favorite movies, as they were what I grew up with! But Hercules, growing up, was my all time favorite movie. I would make my parents watch it with me at least once a day! It is still one of my favorite movies, and the soundtrack is almost as good as Tarzans (okay, well maybe not that good lol, but it is one of the best Disney soundtracks ever). This movie came out in 1997, a year before I was born, and stared Tate Donovan as Hercules, Danny Devito as Phil, and Susan Egan as Meg. This movie is all about Hercules, the son of Zeus and Hera, being kidnapped, stripped of his God powers, and then forced to go through multiple things to gain them back!
7. Finding Nemo comes in at number seven! This movie is a classic! From the sad beginning, to the wonderful action packed meat and potatoes, this movie will forever be one of my favorites! This movie came out in 2003 and stars Albert Brooks as Marlin, Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, and Alexander Gould as Nemo. Finding Nemo is all about a fish whose son gets taken by some scuba divers. We watch as Marlin searches the ocean for his son, and meet tons of different fish along the way!
6. Number six is Finding Nemo’s counterpart, Finding Dory! What would a favorite movies list be without this new film! Making it’s premiere in 2016, this movie is only about a year old and is still one of my favorites! Finding Dory stars Albert Brooks as Marlin, Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, and Hayden Rolence as Nemo. Dory has short term memory loss, but when she remembers something about her parents, she is determined to search every inch of the ocean till she finds them! Along the way she meets Hank the octopus (Ed O’Neill), Destiny the whale shark (Kaitlin Olsen), and Bailey the buluga whale (Ty Burrell). It’s a great movie filled with tons of laughs, questions, and Sigourney Weaver.
5. Singin’ in the Rain is number five, and will forever be somewhere on my list of favorite movies! This is one of my all time favorite musicals (leave a comment down below if you would like to hear what my top ten favorite musicals are)! This movie came out in 1952, and was one of the first non-broadway musical movies! Most of the musicals in the 1930’s, 40’s, and 50’s were just adaptations of broadway musicals. Singin’ in Rain was not! It was a brand new script, written specifically for the movie! It stars Gene Kelly as Don Lockwood, Donald O’Connor as Cosmo Brown, and Debbie Reynolds as Kathy Seldon. Fun fact, my grandma actual lived in California for a short time as a child, and her school went on a field trip to the set of Singin’ in the Rain. So she watched them film a section of the movie! How cool is that!
4. Hairspray is another musical that will forever be one of my favorites! But the thing is, it’s not the original that I like.. I know, how could I. I actually have never seen the original, and I only watched the newer one because it had Zac Efron in it! But it is amazing! Hairspray came out in 2007, and stared John Travolta (Edna Turnblad), Christopher Walken (Wilbur Turnblad), Nikki Blonsky (Tracy Turnblad), Michelle Pfeiffer (Velma Von Tussle), Brittany Snow (Amber Von Tussle), Allison Janney (Prudy Pingleton), Amanda Bynes (Penny Pingleton), Zac Efron (Link Larkin), James Marsden (Corney Collins), Elijah Kelly (Seaweed), and Queen Latifah (Motormouth Maybelle). Now tell me that isn’t a fantastic cast! The soundtrack is amazing, and we get to hear Zac Efron’s wonderful voice. What more could you ask for?
3. Beauty and the Beast comes in at number three. Now this is a two for one, because I couldn’t decide between the Disney version and the live action version that came out earlier this year. Disney’s version is a classic and Belle has been my princess since I was a little girl. But there was something about the live action version that just left me speechless. The cast was great, the songs were fantastic, and the voices were outstanding. Let’s not forget to mention the special effects, which were something I have never seen before. The only thing was executed flawlessly, which makes it a tough call between the two of them. Disney’s version came out in 1991 and stared Robby Benson (the beast), Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts), and Paige O’Hara (Belle). The live action version came out earlier this year and stared Emma Watson (Belle), Dan Stevens (the beast), Emma Thompson (Mrs. Potts), Luke Evans (Gaston), Josh Gad (LeFou), Ian McKellen (Cogsworth), and Ewan McGregor (Lumiere). We had Gandolf, Hermione, Olaf, Obi Wan Kanobe, and Nanny McPhee all in one movie! How great is that!
2. Harry Potter. Nuff said. I’m just kidding! But for real, the whole series comes in at number two. There is no way I could pick a favorite out of all of the movies, or the books. Growing up, my dad would take me to every midnight release of the book at this bookstore in the mall. We would wait in a line that wrapped around the entire mall, just so I could get the book and box of the multi-flavored beans (which I always said I would eat, and in turn came home and made my dad eat them all). Then, when I got older I went to every midnight premiere of the movies with my mom. Growing up with that series was one of the best things ever. The first movie came out in 2001, and the final one came out in 2011. The series stared Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).
1. Finally number one is, The Phantom of the Opera. I have lost count of how many times I have seen this movie. It is my all time favorite musical, and I know pretty much every line to every song, and every scene like the back of my hand. The movie came out in 1925, but was remade in 2004 (which is my favorite). It stars Gerard Butler (the phantom), Emmy Rossum (Christine), Patrick Wilson (Raoul), and Minnie Driver (Carlotta). This movie is about a girl who came to live at this opera house in France when she was young, and has grown up being taught singing lessons by this strange voice which she calls the Angel of Music.
Now, these are just the “top ten” of my favorite movies. As we all know, our favorite movies change on a daily basis. So as of right now, this is what they are! Maybe in a few months, or even years, I will do an updated version of this and compare it to this list! Who knows! What are some of your favorite movies? I am always up for a new movie or series, so leave some suggestions in the comments below! Until next time, be classy and stay sassy!